Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oil ruined MacBook surface, fix it?

I was outside on a hot sunny day with my computer doing some work while working on my tan. I was spraying the tanning oil on me and a bit got on the outside of the MacBook. As in the side with the Apple on it not the keyboard and screen. I didn't notice though. When I felt the surface the oil went on it was all wrinkled and shriveled up, and it was set, not soft.


I think the oil cooked in the sun and did something to the surface.


Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?


Also I don't have a lot of money, so nothing dramatic. ThanksOil ruined MacBook surface, fix it?
I think you should bring it back to Apple store and ask them if they can fix it and for how much. If it's too much, you can then try going to their other authorized service center which may be cheaper.


There are some chemicals to remove oil spots, but without looking at it, I would not recommend anything. Be careful with using those chemicals, test it on conspicuous spot first, you don't want to ruin your MacBook even further.
  • how to apply
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment