Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I have an oil leak on my push lawn mower is there any way i could fix it?

a local weld shop


see how much they will charge compared to a new oneI have an oil leak on my push lawn mower is there any way i could fix it?
It just depends on where it is leaking from. It may need a new gasket or seal but if it has a cracked crankcase you could buy J B Weld and fix that relatively cheap and easy. Hope this helps.I have an oil leak on my push lawn mower is there any way i could fix it?
More information needed on this one. Where does the oil seem to be coming from?
I agree- wheres the leak comming from? In some cases, older mowers just leak oil from gaskets. If its from a crack in the block, well not a whole lot can be done, oil permeates the pores in the aluminum block, making it impossible to weld. Gaskets can be changed, depends how far you want to tear into it or pay someone to fix it. If its that bad, id probably look for another cheep mower with a good engine and swap motors ( if that deck is bad and yours is still good). Or just keep checking/adding oil , see if a oil leak additive would fix the leak.


Kidd
Can't help if I don't know where exactly the leak seems to be coming from.
Yes, but I can't help you if I don't know where it is coming from..would not recommend the JB weld in the crank case cover...you can go to a shop and they will probably have one in the bone yard..I do..probably have the biggest bone yard in all of Texas...but, again, don't know where it is coming from...and you may have broken the rod...never know..seen strange things with these babies in my years working on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment