Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I have a glider-rocker that has a horrid squeak in it. What is the BEST oil/lube to fix a squeak?

The squeak is on one side, in the part that ';glides'; I am assuming. (Unless it's wood rubbing together???) We've tried 3-In-1 Oil, WD-40, and I even squirted some baby oil on it once. They only fixed the squeak for a day or so. What could be going on there? What can I do to get rid of the sound? It DRIVES ME NUTS. And.... I am getting ready to have a baby and need the chair badly.I have a glider-rocker that has a horrid squeak in it. What is the BEST oil/lube to fix a squeak?
Silicone spray (NOT CAULKING) often silences squeaks that other products won't touch. It is also invisible. Available at just about any hardware or automotive store.

No comments:

Post a Comment