Friday, July 30, 2010

I ran my 4 wheeler without oil and the motor locked up what do i need to fix it and how much will it cost?

fix motorI ran my 4 wheeler without oil and the motor locked up what do i need to fix it and how much will it cost?
You need to fix the motor. So, you either have to get yours rebuilt or buy a new one.I ran my 4 wheeler without oil and the motor locked up what do i need to fix it and how much will it cost?
you werent thinking with your dipstick Jimmy!
sounds like you screwed up yo four wheeler man...if it was me I'd do it my self but if you take it to a mechanic who is fairly reasonable i think it will only cost around $300-500 if they don't have to tear the whole thing down. if they did have to do that it might be about $800...sorry to tell you those high prices but mechanical work is expressive and you have quite a problem. hope i helped.
Learning the hard way to always check the fluids every time you start up any motor I see. Been there, done that myself. I think that you really might be better off calling around to the local salvage yards and auto junk yards for a motor. It will cost you far less to replace the wrecked one than pay to yank out the motor and tear it apart one piece at a time. Of course keep all the parts and pieces of the wrecked motor for replacement parts If something goes wrong with this working motor. Be sure to get a warranty with any used motor and the best advice is to go to your auto parts store and spend twenty bucks and buy a manual for your year vehicle and study it. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment