Friday, July 30, 2010

How can i fix my idle? an fix the gas from going in my oil?

its a 97 nissan altima fuel injectorsHow can i fix my idle? an fix the gas from going in my oil?
You shouldn't adjust your idle. It is factory set and electronically controlled by your computer. You probably have a cracked block or a hole in one or more of your pistons. That's why you have gas in your oil and a low idle. Can't fix that by adjusting idle. You need to rebuild your engine. Sorry for being the bearer of bad news.How can i fix my idle? an fix the gas from going in my oil?
There is a slight chance your getting fuel in your oil via the vacuum system(PCV). I know real mechanics will argue this, but I just had this problem with a Taurus, and spent some good money on the advice of real mechanics...so...


We may need a little more info to really answer your problem. How much gas are we talking about? like liters of fuel?


If your having idleing problems and fuel in the oil, that MIGHT be an indication you have a problem with your emissions system.


Hope you didnt blow the engine though.
Fuel pressure regulator is faulty. It (fuel) is leaking backwards into the vacuum system and being deposited into the intake manifold and dropping directly into the crank case.
your piston rings are shot if you're getting gas in your oil pan. the hydraulic idle should have two nuts on the link adjust w/ the first nut, then tighten it down w/ the second nut snugggly.

No comments:

Post a Comment