Monday, July 26, 2010

What kind of oil can I use until I get my lifter fix and can I travel with this problem.?

well you cant really fix them without replacing them... a thicker oil might slow it down some and you neve rknow how far any car that is running good can go... one ticking might driving it for a few yrs then again it might stop today..., and sure you can but who knows cany hear it or see it here.. best you be asking someone there where you live about how bad it is and how far you can drive itWhat kind of oil can I use until I get my lifter fix and can I travel with this problem.?
If you have a serious lifter problem the engine will be mis firing. Oil has no effect on the problem, use whatever you want. If it not serious go ahead and run it.What kind of oil can I use until I get my lifter fix and can I travel with this problem.?
until you get the lifter fixed, try using a heavier oil, it shouldnt drain off as fast as a thinner oil.
The more you run it, the more damage you are doing to it. Do all the damage you want.
Golden Rule; once you have detected the fault, never put it off as it leads to big troubles.
loose tappets make for broken rockers, bashed valve stems etc. more revs-more likely to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment