Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Engine oil leak from car? how much will it cost to fix?

on the ground there seems to be fluid which is under where the engine oil is position, so that could be leaking, how much is it likely to cost me? :(Engine oil leak from car? how much will it cost to fix?
I recently had fluid leaking from underneath my car (Ford KA) and when it started making a noise, took it to the garage and it had been leaking steering fluid and I had to have a new steering rack.





After getting my car back from the garage there was an even worse leak that felt greasy to the touch... My dad had a look and said that it was coming from the Rocker Gaskett (Excuse spelling mistake), as oil from the top of the engine could only be coming from one of two places.





The garage fixed the Rocker Gaskett for 拢35, although a lot of garages will charge about 拢50.





Good luck





Ps the longer you leave it, the more expensive it could end up!Engine oil leak from car? how much will it cost to fix?
if you do it yourself. You can make your own gaskets out of gasket kits for 拢5





but if you dont want to do it





the labour is about 拢40 an hour for a mechanic and it may take them upwards of 2 hours if they work nice and slowly like they all do
Tough question.It depends on where the oil is leaking from.I had a leak in my truck.Not a big leak,just a drop ot two in the morning.I changed the intake gasket.($20) oil($30) antifreeze(($20)
What sort of car? Oil, gearbox oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid, water from radiator?


MUCH more info required before anyone can answer that question

No comments:

Post a Comment