Friday, July 30, 2010

I have an oil leak on the right hand side of my 96 dodge neon,will it cost me alot to fix?

i own a repair shop,and it sounds like a front timing cover seal,or a front crank seal,,these usually cost around 80 bucks to repair ,,good luck i hope this help,s.I have an oil leak on the right hand side of my 96 dodge neon,will it cost me alot to fix?
need more details, is it coming from the top or bottom, front or rear of the engine.could be a simple as replacing a gasket, or as bad as a main seal gone bad.I have an oil leak on the right hand side of my 96 dodge neon,will it cost me alot to fix?
Welcome to the world of Neon blown head gaskets.
Slid under the car with a trouble light and find out what part of the engine the oil is coming from,and then we can go from there.
need more details if the leak in the valve cover gaskets that is not as pricy as a head gasket replacement. It may even be you oil pan.


How bad is it leaking , like how much oil you use inna week?
Be careful, some of these engines have a know problem of the camshaft seal falling out. Chrysler makes a kit to stop this from happening.
I'm sure that the paint is chipping too. This is one of those cars that just continues to have problem after problem. If I were you I would think of getting something else as soon as you can before something else breaks on it and it just keeps costing you more and more

No comments:

Post a Comment