Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is it possible to fix a lawn mower if you accidentally pour oil mixed with gas in the gas tank?

I was mowing this woman's lawn and I ran out of gas. She said she had some in the garage. Just to see if it was gas or not I poured a little bit on my hand to see if it dried up, and it did really quickly, which made me think it was regular old gas. But after I poured it in it didn't start. Uh oh. :/





I tipped the lawn mower out and drained the stuff as fast as I could, and went up to the gas station and got some regular unleaded, came back and poured it in the mower. When I started it though, it sounded BAD. It kept going ';put put put put put put put';, and now whenever I take it over grass it dies.





Any suggestions on what I should do?Is it possible to fix a lawn mower if you accidentally pour oil mixed with gas in the gas tank?
I would take the bowl off of the carb and check to see if it is gunked up which it probably is.





I would also soak the carb in some Kerosene. Kerosene works great to clean carbs.





I use it all the time when I rebuild carbs. You might want to let the carb soak over night.





Also take a small piece of wire and clean out any gunk that is in the holes.





Now if the carb doesn't have a bowl and it just sits on the gas tank. Then you need to clean the little screens at the bottom of the tubes.





Also go and get you a new diaphragm for a few bucks that way you won't have to worry about it leaking fuel and it should run alot better.





Good luckIs it possible to fix a lawn mower if you accidentally pour oil mixed with gas in the gas tank?
My husband swears by a product for engines called Sea Foam. You acn get it at auto supply stores.


Here is the website:


http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatm鈥?/a>





It says it cleans oil residue from engines......
Try to run it on solid ground and get all the mixed gas out of the system till it sounds better.
Replace the in-line fuel filter,it is probably full of muck.

No comments:

Post a Comment