Saturday, August 21, 2010

My car leaks oil. I'm out of town, can't get it fixed yet. Can I just keep putting oil in it until I'm home?

So my car leaks a good amount of oil and is getting rather low, but I'm out of time and can't really take it to get checked out yet. My engine is fine otherwise I know, because I got it inspected only a couple weeks ago. Is it alright for me to just keep the oil leveled out for a few until I can deal with the problem?My car leaks oil. I'm out of town, can't get it fixed yet. Can I just keep putting oil in it until I'm home?
If you don't mind the mess it will make. Keeping your oil pressure up will work until you get the leak fixed.My car leaks oil. I'm out of town, can't get it fixed yet. Can I just keep putting oil in it until I'm home?
yes but make sure that you get it fixed soon as temporary fixes are just that temporary
It probably won't hurt your engine if you do it for a short time. Just check it OFTEN and don't let it get lower than a quart down AT THE MOST.
Lol, just be very careful that the level doesn't get too low. The worst I ever had was a car that went through a quart every 80 miles. (only for a day or two until we got it fixed - thankfully in that case it was an easy fix.)
You can fill it and drive it at your own risk. But, most people will not recommend doing this. The oil works to keep as little friction on the inside of the engine as possible. If your level gets too low, your engine will be shot. Then it will be time for a new engine or a new car. Just be very cautious and keep an eye on the level and the car's performance.
yea that would be ok, just make sure that you keep an eye on your oil pressure guage, especially if your going through a few quarts a day. just check it every time you stop for gas and keep a few quarts in the car incase you need to stop on the side of the road and top off
  • male makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment