Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My car has oil on the threads of the spark plugs, how can I fix this?

my car runs wonderful just have a minor barely noticable miss during idle. so I checked the plugs and they all look fine except one had a lil oil on the threads. I don't like my car have anything out of the normal going on with it. I'm hopeing its something simple but I know usually something like that means a head gasket is starting to leak or a valve is starting to leak. what would be the first thing I should check or do you think its something a lil simpler . What do you think may be wrong





its a 98 Mitsubishi eclipse RS 2.0 DOHC 5speed non turbo 420A engineMy car has oil on the threads of the spark plugs, how can I fix this?
valve cover gasketMy car has oil on the threads of the spark plugs, how can I fix this?
my cousin had the same car it was misfiring it costed around 1,700 he had the same problem i would take it to a dealer a get a scan cuz it dont make sense to ask all these question and still dont solve the problem
it is valve stem seals...they are leaking and ending up on your plugs..my buddies did the same thing and we took the top end off replaced the seals and they haven't fouled out yet
that's ok - you want them in but not to tight they where in but not tight enough but do not over tighten it's real bad never get them out


hope this makes sense

No comments:

Post a Comment