Wednesday, August 18, 2010

94 Ford F150 5,0 L leaking from the oil pan can it be temp fixed with epoxy?

Wont have the money to properly fix for a couple months(mecanic wants $400 and I dont have the tools to do it myself, is there any kind of epoxy sealant I can put around the mating area to temporarily stop or slow the leak till I am able to fix it?94 Ford F150 5,0 L leaking from the oil pan can it be temp fixed with epoxy?
I wouldn't do it. It will make the repaire worse. The gasket I assume is out which is common. Should get it done for 200 on labor, depends on the mechanic, but can be done in the truck faster to pull trans and jack motor up and slip the new one on94 Ford F150 5,0 L leaking from the oil pan can it be temp fixed with epoxy?
If you clean the leaking spot completely, you might be able to coat the area with some suitable silicone.





However, if the area is not clean properly, then it will not adhere properly and will leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment