Monday, August 23, 2010

My van was burning oil and it was on the spark plugs I fixed it but how can I clean out that cylinder?

It was burning for awhileMy van was burning oil and it was on the spark plugs I fixed it but how can I clean out that cylinder?
the plug fouled BECAUSE of the oil. you fixed the effect but still have the cause. you can get by for awhile by putting plug fouler shields on the plug. These are little things that screw onto the sparkplug and keep the plug tip out of the oil for longer. here is a link to the anti foulers





http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.鈥?/a>





he is using the anti foulers for a different application. you just need them for what they are designed forMy van was burning oil and it was on the spark plugs I fixed it but how can I clean out that cylinder?
Clean the spark plug
Once you've got the spark plug firing again it'll clean itself out. You could add some Techron or similar fuel treatment to the gas to speed up the process.
You would have to tear down and rebuild the engine. If it is running all right, you may not have to do anything. Any residue will eventually burn off and get blown out.
automatic transmission oil will do the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment